Here are details on all you need to know about training with Swinford A.C.
Training times for all members;
- Tuesday Evening 7 – 8pm
- Sunday 11am – 12pm
Additional training for athletes of secondary school age and above;
- Thursday Evening 7 – 8pm
These times may be adjusted to cater for shorter evenings in which case, advanced notice will be given via text or Whatsapp notification.
- Indoor Events – Swinford Amenity Park.
- Track and Field – Swinford Amenity Park and Golf Course.
- Cross country – Mellett’s Hill and Golf Course.
There is a charge of €1 per person or €2 per family payable every Tuesday as a contribution to the cost of the training facilities.
Timekeeping & Dress Code
All athletes are expected to arrive 10 minutes before the start of training to allow enrolment, payment of fee and use of the toilet facilities prior to the start of training.
Athletes should be appropriately dressed for the prevailing weather conditions with proper foot ware and tops.
Club running singlets/vests and long sleeve tops need to be ordered and purchased through the club and MUST be worn at competitions.
There are three main athletic seasons;
- Indoor Athletic Events : January to March approx.
- Outdoor Track and Field Events : April to August approx.
- Cross Country Events : September to December approx.